When entering the site check for an icon representing a secure connection in the browser, usually represented by a closed padlock or key icon at the bottom of your screen. Disconnect from the service before leaving the computer.
If you have a code card to operate,
- Do not enter all numbers of the code card.
- Do not to disclose or share the numbers of the code card.
Be cautious when reading e-mails:
- Do not provide confidential information when requested by e-mails from unknown senders. Remember that Banelco or the Banks will never send you an email asking for your passwords or personal information.
- Do not click on any link in an e-mail.
Verify the source and scan e-mails containing virtual cards, promotions or discounts with an anti-virus software.
Avoid clicking a link in an e-mail, chat and social networking.
Avoid downloading files received by e-mail, chat and social networking or unreliable websites, mainly an executable file (. Exe,. bat,. Com).
Scan every attachment you download from Internet with an antivirus software.
Do not enter personal or sensitive information into a public computer
Check if the site is safe and reliable.
- Look for a closed padlock icon in the lower right corner of the browser window.
- Check the Web page address is correct and starts with https, with "s" an indicator of "security".
- Do not enter sites where there is a problem with the security certificate.